Skip to main content

Services for individuals

Services for individuals

Assessment of overseas qualification

Most people don’t need an assessmment from us.

If you want to study or migrate to Australia see Who assesses my overseas qualification?

Our qualification assessment is a guide to the level of an overseas post-secondary qualification in terms of a qualification on the Australian Qualifications Framework. Our assessments are for general purposes only and can support you by helping organisations, such as a prospective employer, understand the educational level of your overseas qualification. Our assessments attract a fee and can take up to 3 months.

If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident, your state/territory government Overseas Qualifications Unit (OQU) may be able to assess your overseas qualification. Their service is usually faster and for a lower cost than ours.

Our assessment service may help you in the following circumstances:

  • you have been referred to us by a state/territory government OQU or
  • you are a resident of New South Wales or
  • there are no registration, licensing, professional membership or industry requirements for your occupation.

If you have been referred to us by an employer or professional membership/registration/licensing body to have your overseas qualification assessed, contact us as you may not need an assessment from us.

Apply for an overseas qualification assessment.